LAMN Jam URBAN Music Contest (Round 1).
The Los Angeles Music Network's "LAMN Jams" are back. Launched in 2005, LAMN Jams go beyond traditional showcases by featuring artists performing original songs, followed by instant critiques from a panel of industry experts. LAMN Jams emphasize creativity and originality, featuring music written by artists themselves (no covers).
Admission to attend the preliminary rounds (URBAN and ROCK) is free, but please RSVP below (scroll down). You may also RSVP by calling 818-769-6095.
This year, artists compete for a Career Launch Package valued at over $25,000. Artists and their performances are evaluated by our panel of industry experts, and the top 3 artists advance to the Finale to compete for the Grand Prize Package.
LAMN Jams are open to the public (21+).
Urban artists selected to perform include:
- Seefor Yourself
- Major Myjah
- Andre Delano
- Malik The Freq
- Ivano Fakhoury
The following executives will judge talent for the rock and urban music contests in June 2011:
- Antony Bland, American Recordings A&R (Avett Brothers, System of A Down, Slayer, ZZ Top, Kevin Devine, The Rocketboys)
- Brian Malouf, A&R (formerly RCA< Columbia and Walt Disney Records)
- Brian Shafton, Partner, RBC Records (TECH N9NE, DJ Quik, NWA, Snoop Dogg)
- Darren Rose, Assistant Music Director / Morning Show Host, 98.7-FM
- Dave Weiner, Strange Music A&R (TECH N9NE, NWA, Ice T, Snoop Dogg, Rawkus, Dr. Dre, Geto Boys, Rapalot, Scarface)
- Derek Schaefer, Tour Marketing Director, AEG Live
- Erin Dawson, Interscope Records (Lady Gaga, U2, La Rouz, Far East Movement, Ellie Goulding, Eminem)
- Jan Linder Koda, Producer / Artist Development Expert, Angel Diva Music
- Jesse Flores, VP of Label Acquisition and Development, EMI Label Services
- Rayna Apploff, Casting Director for music talent-based TV projects and reality shows
- Sean Beavan, Producer (NIN, Marilyn Manson, No Doubt, System of a Down, Thrice, 8mm)
- Soren Baker, Producer, former executive editor The Source Magazine
- Stan Freese, Walt Disney Talent Casting & Booking Director (has hired 100,000+ artists at Disney properties worldwide)
- Tom Zutaut, Stereo Pristine Records A&R (formerly Geffen/Elektra, GnR, Metallica, Tesla, Enya)
- Violet Brown, Artist Manager, Regime Entertainment (NWA, Dr. Dre, recipient of SOURCE POWER 30 award for 5 consecutive years)
Over $25K in Prizes Plus Priceless Exposure Opportunities
2011 Prize Package totaling $25,000+ in value to be awarded to the winner of the ROCK and URBAN Music Contests, respectively (except where noted):
- First-look consideration for winning artists by casting director and talent judge Rayna Apploff for several music talent-based television projects and reality shows in development now.
- First-look record deal from Planet LA Records for winning artists plus option to be included in a forthcoming CD compilation and future showcase opportunities. Planet LA and publishing partner Music Box will also offer the option to be included in a music publishing catalog.
- First-look recording and digital distribution deal by premier rap/urban label RBC Records to winning URBAN artist
- Bias Inc. Software. Bias Inc. is offering each grand prize winner a copy of Peak Studio XT, THE most comprehensive stereo audio production and mastering tool available on the Mac, a $1,199 value.
- Selection of one of the following registries courtesy of Music Business Registry: Music Attorney, Film & TV Guide, A&R or Music Publisher, a $100 value.
- 1000 CDs in digi-packs, courtesy of Discmakers, and digital distribution package courtesy of CDBaby, a $1300 value
- 8 hours of rehearsal time at Guitar Center Studios rehearsal facility
- Angel Diva Music will award each grand prize winner two hours of professional consulting, divided between vocal coaching, live performance coaching and business coaching, a $220 value.
- Full EP mastering session (up to four songs), courtesy of Universal Mastering Studios, a $600 value.
- Media Local Studios (urban winner only): Custom exclusive urban track production including unlimited revisions with N8 Beats, Facebook Winner page design, coding, plus 4-weeks assisted posting promotion, a $2,500 value.
- One year of book-keeping, tax preparation, business formation (such as corporation), and consulting services courtesy of New Financial Group, a $4675 value.
- Targeted Press Release Service for one (1) press campaign from Send2Press, a service of Neotrope, Winning artists will each receive the Standard National plan valued at $320 including a high-res print ready band image or artist head shot sent with text. Includes SEO and hand submission to social networks, and featured on www.MusicIndustryNewswire.com.
- Three-hour photo shoot (portraits, head shots, band shots) from Justin Winokur Photography, a $400 value (NOTE: photo shoot to take place in the San Francisco / San Jose area, winning artists to arrange their own transportation).
- According To What Video Production to provide one (1) music video to each winner (1 rock and 1 urban). Artist and ATW to agree on song, concept and treatment, service to include and cover all equipment, crew, production and post-production costs. A $2,000 value (per video).
- Propellerhead Software will award copies of each of their three award-winning music-creation software suites: Reason, Record, and Recycle, a $900 value.
LAMN Jam URBAN Music Contest Round 1.
Six (6) bands perform, three (3) advance to the Finale.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
8:00 – 11:00 p.m.
1616 East 15th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90021
FREE to attend Round 1, but please RSVP below. (21+)
No admission without RSVP.
Media Contact: Kirstin Görtz, 818-769-6095 or kirstin AT lamn DOT com
Marketing Contact: Justin Winokur, 408-316-0294 or justin AT lamn DOT com
Online Registration is Closed but Walk-Ups are Welcome